The Pi Delta Phi Executive Board held it's 2016 meeting at the South Atlantic Modern Language Association Conference in Jacksonville, Florida on November 4.
Board members present were (L-to-R): Drs. Evans, Fish, Angelini, and Amarie (photo by Dr. Renick).
In addition to the Board meeting, Phi Delta Phi sponsored two session. The first on Friday Nov. 4 was co-chaired by Drs. Evans and Angelini:
"France: Current Challenges from Within and Beyond Its Borders"
1. Julianna Blair Watson, Emory U "Subversive Marginality: Criminal Immigrants in Alain Mabanckou's Tais-toi et meurs."
2. Elenora Kelly McGahee, Georgia Southern U "The French Press: The Responsiblity of the Freedom of Speech."
3. Eileen M. Angelini & Beverly J. Evans "Union(s) and Désunion on the Eve of the Présidentielles."
Session one participants (L-to-R): Dr. Evans, Dr. Angelini, Dr. Watson, and Ms. McGahee.
The second sponsored session took place on Saturday, Nov. 5 and was chaired by Dr. Fish:
"Not Necessarily for Kids: Children and French Literatures"
1. E. Joe Johnson, Clayton State U "Robinsonnades and Children's Friendships in Nineteeth-Century French Literature."
3. Daphne McConnell, Benedictine C "Mapping Cultural Space and Identity in the Adolescent Novel of the Banlieue"
Session two participants (L-to-R): Drs. Fish, McConnell, and Johnson